Historically, Dorval was a small town outside the city of Montreal, which was also used as a transit point between Downtown Montreal, Kingston and Toronto. In 1888, a man by the name of Joseph H. Decary built the building that is now known as Natalino Restaurant. This building was a general store that had dwelling space above. This building had the first telephone in Dorval. It was the first building passers by would encounter on their journey down Lakeshore Boulevard. Over the years ownership of the building would change hands several times and eventually in 1986, The De Fazio family, whom were renowned in Montreal’s culinary world, would open the doors of Natalino, and keep their family recipes alive.